Регистрация    Вход    Форум    FAQ

Список форумов » О породе бассет хаунд » Стандарт породы бассет хаунд

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Стандарт и разведение
 Сообщение Добавлено: 10 май 2018 15:18 
Модератор

заводчик с огромным стажем разведения бассетов Randy Frederiksen (Ambrican Basset Hounds)
анализирует стандарт и истинное положение вещей в разведении бассетов в Европе и Америке.
рекомендую почитать :!:

Цитата:
http://www.fci.be/Nomenclature/Standards/163g06-en.pdf

http://images.akc.org/pdf/breeds/standa ... tHound.pdf

I have viewed many countries’ Basset Hounds and have been very impressed by some but others, not so. There is a phenomenon in the US called Euro-Bassets that stemmed years ago from US puppy mills running to Europe to buy breeding stock because kennels here would not sell to them. Then, they had to come up with a reason so they decided that “Euro-Bassets” were larger and heavier in type than any in the US. All of that is in some cases true but the pure facts are that the BHCA had policed the puppy mill owner names fairly well and members would not sell to them so that their puppies would not become the next “cash cow” for a puppy mill.

Let me now get to the real point ... while the FCI Standard is supposed to be used for judging, it may not be the same standard of the breeders! The same can be said for the AKC Standard too. Once breeders have made their pick, whether right or wrong, they’re going to show it “... come hell or high water.” Very few will have the guts to admit a wrong selection and just move on. No matter no PROMINENT sternum; no matter that when viewed from the front there is no crook for the chest to fit into; no matter that there are short upper arms with no well laid back shoulders or well rounded ribs; etc.

As for the FCI Standard, it’s there but many pay no attention. If they had they’d have noticed (with respect) that the drawing at the start of the Standard has its own glaring problems. Obviously, no Basset Hound is perfect but let’s at least get on the same page. If you want large hounds, have large hounds but make sure they still have the Standard’s requirements. If you want medium sized hounds, go for it but make sure they are close to a vision of the Standard; or as close as you can get so you don’t make a fool out of yourself for paying the money to enter the show. If you can see the hound’s elbows when it’s moving away from you, chances are it’s got straight-legs and a wide front but if winning is the aim, go to judges who don’t know the Standard.

In one of our lines we’ve bred into a top-line issue. Like those who show dogs with bad fronts, we can move the hound very fast and “Wow” the judge to win but it’s what we do with the next breeding that really counts. I’m not seeing a lot of progress in the main breeding kennels. Too much of the same not-so-good things.

Let’s just take one word from BOTH the AKC and FCI Standards that many seem to think means “flat” or “lots of skin” in place of a real fore-chest or sternum. That word is: “prominent”

Definition: sticking out; conspicuous

Synonyms: outstanding, bulging, extended, eye-catching, flashy, jutting, marked, noticeable, obtrusive, obvious, projecting, pronounced, extrusive, hanging out, in the foreground, protruding, protrusive, protuberant, shooting out, standing out, to the fore, etc.

Believe me, if you start breeding for fore-chest (not big chests), you’ll get better shoulder placement and eventually, better lay back and angles.

End of soapbox rant after watching videos of dog shows in various countries.

https://www.facebook.com/Ambrican/

Вернуться наверх 

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Стандарт и разведение
 Сообщение Добавлено: 10 май 2018 15:51 
Модератор

и еще одна статья для размышления от питомника Olde Fashion на ту же самую тему " "заводчики не видят свои ошибки в разведении или не хотят их видеть?" почему в разведение допускаются производители с грубейшими анатомическими недостатками, получается важнее заработать на щенках... ? Почему новички в породе считают, что они и так все знают, хотя 20 лет понадобилось автору(породник, заводчик с 48 летним стажем), чтобы разобраться в анатомии бассета и научиться "видеть" бассета. И почему молодые заводчики не учатся, а некоторые вообще не имеют наставника -породника, у кого можно поучиться
В то же время вопрос и к экспертам, зачем делать поблажки в ринге, судья не знает стандарт? Таких судей нужно наказывать за то, что они наносят вред породе."

вкратце вот то, о чем идет речь, и еще почитать можно коментарии

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1410189 ... 971630870/
Цитата:
My question for the day.... Why would you breed a dog you know has bad structural issues, just to be breeding? Or is it you just don't understand structure and/or don't care. In any case where are the knowledgeable mentors that you should be asking for help. When the structure in the ring, is so bad that the judge can't find the quality thru the weeds it is a sad situation. Those judges honoring that bad structure are as much to blame as the people breeding them. For Gods sake before you go out and destroy our breed ask questions. Is having puppies more important than doing reputable constructive breeding?? Mentoring seems to be a thing of the past as people think they know everything and don't need help. I try to help but it falls on deaf ears at times. I am sure anyone who has a track record as a quality breeder and the titles to prove it would be more than happy to help you if you ask for it. No one knows it all we learn every day we are in this sport. But to go thru life blinded by your love for a dog who is not good and want to breed it, I say love that dog cherish him or her but don't breed it. Why would anyone want to pass on bad genes?? They are a dime a dozen and need to be eliminated. All dogs have faults we work with that but a dog with just plain bad structure, who can't move, can't get their feet out from under them, or if they are out from under them; but all over the place, should NOT be bred.
It took me about 20 years to understand structure and what makes up the skeletal system and muscles. So don't get discouraged but when someone with knowledge tells you something please listen.

Вернуться наверх 

Список форумов » О породе бассет хаунд » Стандарт породы бассет хаунд