Регистрация    Вход    Форум    FAQ

Список форумов » О породе бассет хаунд » Стандарт породы бассет хаунд

Автор Сообщение
 Сообщение Добавлено: 26 май 2014 14:04 
Модератор

Питер Зигфред, заводчик бассет хаундов, эксперт FCI, говорит о некоторых странностях стандарта. "Порода очень сложная для разведения. Например, стандарт говорит о наличии свободной кожи на голове, и хорошей губе, но при этом глаз должен иметь незначительно опущенное нижнее веко, а это невозможно, потому что все связано друг с другом. Эксперты сейчас находятся в неуверенности, как судить? Стандарт смешно написан)"
Питер еще много рассказывает о происхождении породы и ее назначении -"бассет специально был выведен для пешей охоты на зайца".

Самое важное в судействе бассета для Зигфред Питера, это гармония и баланс бассета, хорошие свободные движения. Правильная анатомия означает хорошие движения.

Совет для владельцев-никогда не перекармливать бассета!

Вернуться наверх 

Сообщение Добавлено: 15 июн 2016 14:24 
Модератор

На Фб заводчики бассетов говорят о неправильной трактовке стандарта экспертами. Всчастности речь идет о т.з. "римском профиле" бассета.
https://www.facebook.com/rudy.smits.3/p ... nref=story
Цитата:
Rudy Smits
I just read this on a Facebook Dog Show Judges page and FULLY DISAGREE!

Quote: "Another big problem with high incidence in Basset Hounds and that MUST be penalized are the Roman noses ! The basset hound has straight nasal bridge! The Roman nose alters the expression of Basset Hound , losing his typicality!"

In my opinion a slight Roman nose can give a very noble expression. The example on the photo could be bit more parallel in head planes but that is another issue. And I won't say it can be a bit less Roman nose but a perfectly straight muzzle often isn't nice either. And the standard does not say it has to be a straight line! At judges education for the breed here in The Netherlands we are taught that a slight Roman nose does give it an extra noble look! And I think that is true!

Эксперт -" Большая проблема в породе, что должно быть наказано при судействе-это "римский нос". У бассета должна быть прямая линия морды. Римский нос меняет типичное выражение бассет хаунда.

Заводчики и эксперты-породники полностью не согласны и считают, слегка "римский нос" с небольшой горбинкой, может придать благородное выражение бассету. Не сказано в стандарте о прямой линии морды, а сказано о параллельности линий лба и морды. Некоторые эксперты породники отдадут предпочтение типичному грустному выражению бассета, нежели нетипичному, но с правильными линиями морды и лба.
Цитата:
Rudy Smits Diverging skulls I understand, although I even prefer a basset with diverging head planes and a very soft basset hound expression to one with perfect head planes and not the soft, desired look, but also these are different issues.

Вернуться наверх 

Сообщение Добавлено: 15 май 2019 12:30 
Модератор

Что значит "корректный костяк" для бассет хаунда?
мнение эксперта
How Much Bone Is Correct for the Basset Hound?
By Arliss Paddock May 12, 2015 | 3 Minutes
Basset Hound

Цитата:
Under the “General Appearance” section, the official breed standard for the Basset Hound reads:

The Basset Hound possesses in marked degree those characteristics which equip it admirably to follow a trail over and through difficult terrain. It is a short-legged dog, heavier in bone, size considered, than any other breed of dog, and while its movement is deliberate, it is in no sense clumsy. In temperament it is mild, never sharp or timid. It is capable of great endurance in the field and is extreme in its devotion.

My favorite quote from Margaret (Peg) Walton’s 1993 book The New Basset Hound reads: “One must always remember the operative words here are size considered. Judges should not think that because of the wording ‘heavier in bone’ that the hound must have as much as a Saint Bernard.”

This phrase needs to be repeated early and often to everyone—breeders and judges. Yes, the Basset Hound has substance, more than any other 14- to 15-inch dog (over 15 inches is a disqualification for the breed, and 14 inches is preferred). In the Hound Group, that means only Beagles and PBGVs are about the same size as a Basset. Dachshunds should be smaller, and all other hounds are bigger. (Even the Basenji is bigger, since size is always defined as height at the withers.)

Now think about the bone size, or substance, of those breeds. It is unlikely that even the most refined Basset in the show ring today will be more refined than any of the PBGVs or Beagles in the ring.

Peg Walton emphasized size considered for a reason: She feared that too many people would simply breed for massive bone without relating it to the size of the dogs—a problem seen both in this country and in Europe.

Bassets lend themselves to becoming caricatures. If ears should “extend beyond the end of the nose,” does that mean two inches beyond is better than one inch? If the standard says “loose skin,” how many wrinkles does that take? Everyone knows the Basset is a dwarf breed—but how short is too short?

Evaluating correct or sufficient bone is one of the areas in which I see many mistakes made in judging the Basset Hound. When there are dogs in the ring ranging from moderate to massive, most judges naturally point to the massive dogs, in spite of other redeeming qualities that may be present in the moderate dogs. As an exhibitor, I know it is far easier to put points on massive, unsound dogs than it is to put points on correctly structured and more refined Bassets. I think this is wrong, and it sends the wrong message to breeders.

Form follows function. I want judges to understand that Basset Hounds were designed for endurance in the field, not as couch ornaments. This is a sound breed, and it must not have any characteristic so exaggerated as to inhibit its work in the field. The standard reads that the gait is smooth, powerful, and effortless. Movement is deliberate and in no sense clumsy. Yet I see judges point to big, overdone, clumsy dogs much more often than more refined, good-moving, soundly structured dogs without exaggeration. Judges sometimes confuse caricature with type.

Always remember that the serious faults mentioned in the Basset standard are in the running gear and head—not in profile, substance, or even tail carriage. I repeat that phrase in my mind every time I judge the breed. I understand the argument that pits soundness against “type.” However, good breed type is far different from caricature.

Soundness must never be sacrificed for extreme in bone. As Peg Walton said, they do not require the bone of a Saint Bernard! —Jacquelyn Fogel, Basset Hound Club of America, November 2012 AKC Gazette

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/gazet ... set-hound/

Вернуться наверх 

Сообщение Добавлено: 23 окт 2019 15:59 
Модератор

Возможно, будет полезно для экспертов
https://basset-bhca.org/about-bassets/judges-education/
комментарии к стандарту бассет хаунд
Кто знает английский язык, интересно будет посмотреть фильм о стандарте бассета
http://www.bassethounduniversity.com/Ju ... n%20CD.htm

Вернуться наверх 

Список форумов » О породе бассет хаунд » Стандарт породы бассет хаунд